Dane Buy Local staff continues to support our members during the Coronavirus outbreak, however, we are doing so from our homes. If you need to reach us, contact Colin at email@example.com or 608-712-3440.
Thank you for understanding our desire to keep everyone healthy.
October 15, 2020
Don't miss the event of the year!
Community Supporter, Outstanding Innovator, Above and Beyond, Partnership, Sustainability, Impressive New Member, Family Wellbeing, Look for the Helpers, Local Legacy, Lemonade Maker
Recognizing and celebrating members for inspiration, involvement, achievement, and leadership in their neighborhoods, their communities, and Dane Buy Local! Winners will be announced the night of the event.
This Year's Nominees:
Anthology | Bank of Sun Prairie | Banzo | Beef Butter BBQ | Boulders Climbing Gym | Calabash Gifts | Celebrations Entertainment | Children's Theater of Madison | The Chocolate Caper | Community Pharmacy and Community Wellness Shop | Cottage Grove Chamber of Commerce | Curbside Composter | Dane County Humane Society | Delta Beer Lab | Don's Home Furniture | Fevolden Farms LLC | Forward Theater Company | Fromagination | Green Clock Agency | Green Owl Café | Goodman’s Jewelers | Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin | Just Bakery / A Just Dane Initiative | Just Coffee | Klein's Floral and Greenhouses | Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County | Liliana's | Luna's Groceries | Madison Gas & Electric | Madison Reading Project | MJC MKTG LLC | Monona Bank | Our Lives Magazine | The Piano Gal Shop | Plato Commercial Real Estate LLC | Progress Center for Black Women | Public Health Madison & Dane County | REACH-A-Child, Inc. | River Food Pantry | Rose Cottage Florals & Gifts | Short Stack Eatery | Strategic Brand Marketing | Strategic Partners Marketing, LLC | Strictly Discs | SVA Certified Public Accountants | SWAVE | TASC | The Ugly Apple | UMOJA Magazine
Ticket-holders enjoy access to the private virtual celebration with exclusive hear-it-first announcements of all of our winners, and receive a digital welcome bag full of wonderful deals and discounts from our members!
Access to the virtual awards ceremony is provided with your ticket purchase. Zoom link and your passcode can be found on your ticket.
Don't Miss Our Weekly Webinars & Business Collaborations!
Join other businesses for a webinar EVERY MONDAY at 10 am CT.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 871 3066 8907
Phone: 312 626 6799
Dine at participating restaurants on September 24 and 10% of your check will be donated to Dane Buy Local!
600 Dane Buy Local Members locally owned businesses keep our neighborhoods VITAL & our economy STRONG.
LOCAL BUSINESSES are able to recirculate money in the community over 3.5 times MORE than non-local companies.
This builds a STRONG LOCAL ECONOMY. We appreciate your support.
Reach Online Customers with our new Dane Buy Local Marketplace
As we head into the holiday season, now is the time to prepare for your sales. Dane Buy Local will be offering several new opportunities for your business to be promoted for the holidays.
Starting in October, Dane Buy Local will launch a new Marketplace website page which will focus on your business. This page will provide a link directly to your online store. This is offered free to any Dane Buy Local member.
Dane Buy Local will promote this page on Facebook and Social Media along with our website’s home page. It will also be advertised in our weekly newsletters, The Buzz and Lifestyles.
We need a jpg file of your logo to place next to your description, so customers easily recognize your business. Send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great way to build your business this holiday season! Dane Buy Local will continue to support and promote you to help re-build our local economy.
Questions? Contact Colin at email@example.com.
Sign up now so we can get you on the list!
Join other local businesses for the Holiday Passport - November 9-29, 2020. We are joining forces with area business groups and Chambers of Commerce to help support businesses for the upcoming season.
Details and sign up and be found below.
Online Holiday Auction December 3-9, 2020
Donations accepted through November 25
Held Dec. 3-9; Donations requested; Earlybird Nov. 10; Last call deadline is Nov 11-25
Contact Lauri Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dane Buy Local Holiday 2020 Online Auction is being held Dec. 3–9 to provide a boost to holiday sales. The online auction is a fun, easy and effective way to encourage holiday gift giving that draws customers to your door or e-commerce on your website.
It’s simple to participate in the online auction:
• Gift certificates or gift cards are preferred, in any amount from $20 to $1,000. If you don’t have a gift certificate for your business, one can be created for you. Merchandise donations are also accepted.
• Donors from previous auctions and new members are asked to contact Lauri Lee on/before the Tuesday, Nov. 10 early bird deadline. This will allow time to process new participants during the Nov. 11-25 “Last Call Deadline”.
Auction Details Needed:
• Quantity and value of gift cards/certificates (or merchandise) is needed. If it is a gift basket, please list each item in the basket.
• Provide business name, contact name, email, phone number and the website.
• Description for the auction site (What do you sell?). Be sure to include special conditions and expiration dates (if applicable). I.e., black out dates, etc.
• Mail gift certificates to arrive at Dane Buy Local on/before Tuesday, Nov. 10. Please mail to the Dane Buy Local office at 2801 International Lane, Suite 110, Madison WI 53704. If donating merchandise that needs dropped off, please make special arrangements with Lauri. Due to COVID, the Dane Buy Local office is closed, but staff and volunteers are working remotely on the behalf of local businesses. The building is open and gift certificates can be slipped under the door for us to retrieve for contactless delivery.
• Help drive customers to the auction site New! An auction promo piece that can be posted at businesses to invite your customers, emailed to you customer list, or posted to your website to help drive traffic to the auction site.
Dane County Small Business Pandemic Support Grant Program
Applications are now closed.
Please contact Colin Murray at email@example.com with any questions.
The Dane County Small Business Pandemic Support Grant Program, administered by Dane Buy Local, is available for small businesses experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Is the business located in Dane County?
Is this a legitimate business?
Is the applicant a business owned by a person of color or woman-owned?
Is the business vital to the community?
Could their need be filled from some other source? (EIDL, PPP, Unemployment Comp, etc).
Was the business healthy and stable prior to pandemic?